Finished sea shells
Wanted to pop in and update on the shells…I finished them! They were not as big of a pain as I thought they would be, and in fact, I rather liked stitching them, especially experimenting with using different color strands.
You’ll notice that for the large shell at the far right I used pink and orange instead of the color/ecru floss combo I used on the rest of the shells.
I kind of wish I had done more color combos like that for some of the other shells, but overall I am happy with how the shells turned out. This means that the piece is nearing completion. All I have left to do is the outline around the whole piece, the text reading “Greetings from Blue Bay,” ripping out and re-stitching those nasty wonky chain stitches at the bottom left of the purple sun, and then dabbing unwanted water soluble market off with a wet q-tip (my sources say this is how to get the marker off your fabric once you’re done stitching). Oh, also may do a few more waves. And then I will attempt to frame it. My goal is to have this all done by next weekend so that I can hand-deliver to my friend for whom the piece is for. Yay. I think it’s easily accomplished. Then, it will be on to planning my new mother’s day project, etc.